More than 17 years ago, we decided that Tamarack Construction was going to do things differently. Our homes were going to be more than beautiful – they were going to be smart, energy-efficient and healthy for both the environment and the homeowner. We’ve never looked back. Today Tamarack Construction is a recognized leader in the field of panel construction. In fact, we’re the only contractor in western Montana using structural insulated panels, SIPs, exclusively in our homes.
Structural insulated panels (SIPs) are high performance building panels that are used in the floors, walls, and roofs of our residential and light commercial buildings. The panels are made by sandwiching a core of rigid foam plastic insulation between two structural skins of oriented strand board (OSB). The result is a building system that is extremely strong, energy efficient and cost effective. The structural integrity of a home built using SIPs is evident in the 1995 Kobe, Japan earthquake.
- Reduce waste during the construction process. Because SIPs are custom built in a controlled environment, there’s less waste on the jobsite. Tamarack Construction also recycles all possible jobsite debris.
- Reduce energy usage. Buildings account for 65% of energy consumption in the United States. The high R-Value and airtight nature of our homes allow heating and cooling equipment to operate much more efficiently, using less energy.
- Incorporate renewable resources. It takes less forest acreage to build a SIP home than a conventional wood framed house. The OSB used in panel construction is made from small-diameter, fast-growing trees that are sustainably harvested.
- Create healthy indoor environments. SIPs do not off gas chemicals. Plus, SIP built homes typically require mechanical ventilation, giving you better control over the air in your home.
- Reduce emissions. The EPA estimates that the average U.S. home releases twice as much carbon dioxide each year as the average car. Reducing the amount of energy used for heating and cooling can significantly reduce emissions.
Every one of our new custom homes is Energy Star certified, a third-party guarantee that your home meets or exceeds Northwest Energy Star requirements.
Learn more about the benefits to homeowners
Northwest Energy Star - tips for saving energy
Learn more about Structural Insulated Panels
SIPs Stand Solid Against Kobe Earthquake
Learn about LEED Certification and PLANETREUSE
Missoula Building Industry Association
Montana Building Industry Association
National Association of Home Builders - Tamarack is a Certified Green Professional
Northwest ENERGY STAR® - Partner and Founding member
SIPA (Structural Insulated Panel Association)
EPA Lead-Safe certification
"The quality of our environment is everyone's responsibility."
- Paul Wilson, President